Un-named group name in jira

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2013

I also observe that in group browser, there is an entry which does not have a name with no members in it. how do i remove the un-named group entry? It is not allowing me to delete it through the UI.

Rahul

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2013

Oh, yuk, I think you might have to resort to sql to do this. I've seen it in older Jira installs (before crowd) - the best thing to do was stop Jira, find the group in the group table, rename it (not delete!), and restart Jira, then use the UI to delete it. I think the same will work, and be safe, for newer Jiras using embedded crowd (table cwd_group). The idea is the rename enables you to use the UI to do the rest of the work safely...

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2013

Thanks Nic for your suggestion. Can you suggest which tables I need to rename it on?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2013

Jira 4.3 and upwards, cwd_group I think.

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2013

Thanks for your help. I will have a look.

Suggest an answer