USER ROLES AS PART OF WORKFLOW DIAGRAM?

Chidha Arunachalam January 29, 2014

Team,

Workflow diagrams doesn't show up the conditions of who can perform the transition? Can someone help me here on how I can get the "Who" portion as well in the diagram on each and every transition? This will be of great help when I design and roll out the work flow to larger group.

3 answers

0 votes
ChrisA January 31, 2014

Hi Chidha, it's not currently possible to annotate workflows in the way you describe.

An alternate approach would be to rename transitions to include the name of the relevant person, e.g. "Add to sprint (project manager)." If you plan to show your workflow in documentation, you could also take a screenshot of it and add the annotations in an image editing program.

I hope that helps!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2014

I think it could be quite difficult as well - conditions are not just role based, you can use reporter, groups, assignee, custom fields, build conditions, remote integrations, and add-ons can add more.

I don't know how you'd represent them on such a diagram

0 votes
Chidha Arunachalam January 29, 2014

I have shown the way I wanted below. Text in Red color highlights how I want the work flow diagram to be.

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2014

Hi Chidha,

You can define Role based transition condition using

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities

or you can use the free plugin script runner as well

Suggest an answer