URGENT: How to add a simple feedback form to each ticket in our JIRA project

BALARAJU NISHANI January 15, 2014

Hi There,

How to add a simple feedback form to each ticket in our JIRA project.

We have a SUPPORT project created in JIRA(v5.2) . Support tickets logged by internal staff.

Once support ticket is closed, we need to display a feedback form to user to fill it in.

We would like to get this feedback and use it for reporting.

For example:

https://blogs.atlassian.com/2012/07/jira-5-1-pipe-user-feedback-straight-to-developers/

I would like to setup a simple feedback form same as above example(please see "

For Users").

Thank you

Balaraju Nishani

Mi9/Ninemsn

Sydney

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2014

The blog you've linked to basically says you can use issue collectors to get more feedback. These are built into later versions of Jira and all you need to do is implement one as per the documentation (the details of how you do it really need to be decied by you, docs are at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Using+the+Issue+Collector)

Another option might be to build the feedback into the "close issue" process - add the fields you need to the screen in the "close issue" transition so that the users are asked to give you the feedback you need.

BALARAJU NISHANI January 15, 2014

Thank you Nic.

How do i implement option2, i.e., how to build a feedback into the "close issue" process? Please help me. Thank you in advance.

"Another option might be to build the feedback into the "close issue" process - add the fields you need to the screen in the "close issue" transition so that the users are asked to give you the feedback you need."

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2014

I already told you - add the fields you want to capture for feedback into the "close issue" screen on the clost issue transition.

Suggest an answer