UPM 2.7.3 and Jira 5.1.5 doesn't work

carlitos.melgar@izote.net September 27, 2012

Hi,

I'm having a problem with the UPM and Jira. Please look at the screenshot attached. This happens with everything that I want to update. The plugin, however, does upgrade with no problems but I must stop my jira and start it again. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks,

Carlos

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Garcia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2012

Unofficially, I'd test it out right away (of course during a maintenance period). If it's good for the goose, it's good for the gander.

0 votes
John Garcia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2012

Carlos,

Please review this page:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Integrating+JIRA+with+Apache

Especially the line related to configuring the proxyname for your server.xml:

proxyName="your-front-facing-domain.com" proxyPort="80"

carlitos.melgar@izote.net October 5, 2012

Hi John,

That did the trick! Thanks!!!

I wonder if I should do the same for Confluence and Fisheye. Though they are not presenting any issue after the upgrade. It was only Jira who was being a brat.

Carlos

carlitos.melgar@izote.net October 5, 2012

It works!!!

0 votes
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 27, 2012

Hi Carlitos,

I'd already seen this error. Generally it is related to:

1) Apache/IIS proxying connections to JIRA;
2) Incorrect baseURL configuration;
3) Incorrect SSL configuration.

Would you check this three points?

Another thing that it is not clear for me: Have you upgraded JIRA recently? Has UPM worked in previous JIRA versions?

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

Hi Lucas,

I recently upgraded both.

• From Jira 5.0.6 to 5.1.5
  • From UPM 2.4.2 (I think) to 2.7.3

I haven't changed my base url. I am using Apache Virtual Hosts (to hide the ports from my Ubuntu Linux). Nevertheless, everything was working well before the upgrade. I also have Fisheye and Confluence in the same box. And those work perfectly. There seems to be an issue with UPM/Jira combination.

Not really sure where/what to look for.

Regards,

Carlitos

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 27, 2012

What does your Jira logs show you? It could be related to a plugin that needs to be updated as an another possibility.

I don't see anything related to the plugin. I tried the log scanner and I get these:

<th>Problem</th><th>Matches</th>
Quick Searching for Issues Fails 14 matches, last match on line 14172
Emails containing attachments with non-ASCII names lost 56 matches, last match on line 13215
JIRA Stops Creating Issues from Emails 5 matches, last match on line 11682
Workflow error: Cannot find Screen with id 'xxxxx' 1 match on line 8652
Hercules throws a java.util.regex.PatternSyntaxException when scanning the logs 2 matches, last match on line 5390
After upgrade to JIRA 5, Activity Stream or Gadgets no longer work 1 match on line 5373

I have to say that these are really old though and would consider them resolved.

I also updated all plugins but all of them seem to work. I did have to stop and start Jira for things to work though.

Regards,

Carlos

0 votes

Here is the screenshot.

Suggest an answer