UI the same on server as it in on cloud?

Harry January 12, 2018

Hey, I have a question about the UI for Bitbucket, Confluence & Jira. Is the really cool UI on the cloud version available for the Server version (Server, Not Data Center)? Because I would really like to self host BitBucket, Confluence & Jira, but the old UI really sucks. Is the cool new UI in the Server version? If not, when will it be.

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2018

The new UI is not going to server for quite a while.  The off-hand remarks I've heard are around "possibly for the next US summit, but don't bet on it"  (Spring 2019 before you ask)

One reason is that it's not that great.  There are a LOT of existing users who despise it, and really are not coming around to it.  Atlassian are monitoring who turns it off on Cloud, and the numbers sound distressingly high.

Even I, as an Atlassian fan-boy, thinks they've cocked it up.  The fact I have to click more than once to do a search, click several times to get to standard links that should simply be there at all times, and don't have a page tree where I really need it.

Note - I don't think the old interface was fantastic, I like that they're trying new ideas, but when 75% of what I need to do is now buried in unhelpful counter-intuitive click-trees, there is something wrong.

Harry January 12, 2018

Thanks for telling me, I just really despise the old UI.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2018

I'm not fond of it, but the new one has a number of significant oversights and flaws that need fixing before I want to swap.

Suggest an answer