Typed Variable Declaration Error

Marc Jason Mutuc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2014

Error encountered for the a similar formula below

2014-08-19 08:21:31,083 http-bio-8080-exec-14 ERROR USER1234 501x95052x2 1b6xxqy 202.167.233.229,10.241.12.70 /browse/HRT-2273 [innovalog.jmcf.fields.CalculatedTextField] CalculatedTextField: error evaluating formula: Sourced file: inline evaluation of: `` Object CG1 = issue.get("customfield_10800").iterator().next().getName().sub . . . '' : Typed variable declaration

<!-- @@Formula:

Object CG1 = issue.get("customfield_A").iterator().next().getName().substring(7,13);

Object CG2 = issue.get("customfield_B");

if ((issue.get("customfield_A")==null || issue.get("customfield_A").size() == 0) && (issue.get("customfield_B")==null)) return null;

if ("ABCDEF".equals(CG1)||"GHIJKL".equals(CG2)) return "YES";

if ("GHIJKL".equals(CG1)||"GHIJKL".equals(CG2)) return "NO";

return "Unavailable";

-->

I'm getting results except when customfield_A is blank. It gives back nothing.

customfield_A is a multi-group field.

customfield_B is a pick-list field

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Marc Jason Mutuc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2014

I found the solution. I recoded it a bit and made sure the NULL CHECKS come first.

SRBR SE October 30, 2014

Please, check comment bellow

0 votes
SRBR SE October 30, 2014

I have the same problem, what do you mean with "made sure the NULL CHECKS come first."? Thank you

Marc Jason Mutuc
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2015

You need to check if the custom field you have is BLANK or NULL before proceeding to the other conditions. Sorry for replying late.

Suggest an answer