Two users into one?

Charles Bandes February 23, 2015

I transitioned from the JIRA trial to a subscription, and now I need to care about the number of users on my account. Initially I had made both an 'admin' and a 'user' account for myself. I want to get rid of one of them and only have a single admin account. JIRA won't let me delete either user because they both have created issues. Is there a way to merge them, or keep the issues around with an anonymous reporter/lead? What can I do?

1 answer

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2015

You can inactivate one. That removes it from the license number but leaves the history of the issues intact. You won't be able to logon with the account any more. That is the standard procedure for retiring accounts no longer in use. Since JIRA is a relational database it keeps the user's database key, not their ID in the issues so deleting a user will cause issues when the id is referenced, even in comments. Besides, you may want to know that the guy from HR who left 2 years ago created the issue some day.

Suggest an answer