Two dimensional filter statistics Query

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2013

Hi

One of my users want to populate a 2-dimensional filter statistics gadget using X Axis as Created date of issue and Y axis as Components.

I had a look at the options available but could not find Created date; which makes me feel this is not possible.

Am i missing something?

If not, is there any workaround available?

Rahul

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2013

No, it's not possible. The input fields for this gadget have to be distinct countable items, ideally with limited list. Date (and worse, date/time) fields are not definite items.

If for example, I create 10,000 issues, technically, I'd have around 10,000 points on my X axis, each with one point, because each created date/time is going to be different

I know what you're looking for, you really do want just the date - but even that has the problem that the axis could easily become too long to be useful. Imagine data from my first Jira install - it's going to have several thousand days on the axis...

Bascially, you're going to need code to fix this. You could start with a derived field to get the "created date" as *just* the date, instead of being a date-time, but if you're going to be coding, I'd actually take a step back and re-examine the actual report requirements.

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2013

Thanks Nic, that explains it. Rahul...

Just realised you are very close to reaching 100K Karmas, congratulating you in advance for achieving the milestone and helping atlassian users in past few years...

1 vote
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2013

Hi Rahul,

Fields that don't have a limited number of options can't be used in the 2-dimensional filter statistics gadget. (Created Date doesn't really have a limited number of options because of the fact that it's a date time stamp and so each millisecond would be an option).

Best regards,

Peter

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 8, 2013

Thanks Peter

0 votes
Gianluca Gallo November 12, 2018

Hello

is I want to populate a 2-dimensional filter statistics gadget using X Axis as Status of issue and Y axis as Components, I have an issue that if the filter is across 2 or more projects, the components (even though I make sure have the same ID) are not "counted together" but remain splitted based on the project they belong to.

I there a walk around or a different gadget/filter I'm supposed to use?

Thank you

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 12, 2018

No, the components belong to their projects and are separate and distinct from the components in other projects.

Jason Griffin September 16, 2019

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-

I am also looking for a way to link components across projects.  We have an initiative that spans multiple projects.  Inside the projects we have components that are named the same, in an effort to link them.  We are using components for 'Products' and 'Projects'.  We are looking for an easy way, on a dashboard type UI, to show what 'products' have work, and what 'projects' have work.

For example, an Epic/story will have the following 2 components:
Product- XXX
Project- YYY

I have tried a 2d table, and get decent results, but the components are duplicated (by jira project).  I believe you stated in another thread that 'code' was needed.  What kind of code?  Where would it go?

Thank you for your help/knowledge in this.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 16, 2019

You could write a new version of the gadget, one that knows to combine components together, or write something that looks at issue components on issues and builds a separate list field that has combined options.

Suggest an answer