Two-dimensional filter gadget: Environment field

Ankit Doshi June 30, 2015

Hello,

I am trying to add a two-dimensional filter gadget on JIRA dashboard with environment field on X axis and Priority on Y axis. In the gadget configuration in drop-down I see more than 7 different fields for environment and unfortunately none of them reflects the values entered for environment field on individual JIRA issues. On the individual JIRA issue the field is labelled "Environment" and shows appropriate value.

Is this a known issue? How do I know which field in the drop-down maps to what is shown on the JIRA issue?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2015

There's two parts to this.

First, identifying the fields - there really is no sensible way to do this easily.  You'll need to go to the list of custom fields and change the name of every environment field in there to something more identifiable - environment 1, environment 2, environment 3 etc.

That change can be temporary if you decide you really need the name to be environment, it should enable you to work out which field is which in the drop-down.  In the long run though, I'd strongly recommend getting rid of all the duplicates and using the system field when you need a "text" environment field, and one custom field if you need it to be a select list (you can have different options per project/issue type, so there's no need for multiple fields)

The second part is what the gadget can see.  It only works on fields that are countable and bounded.  That is, they are lists of possible options, not free text or numbers.  So the system environment field will never be in there.

Suggest an answer