Two-dimensional Filter Statistics showing non-existant value

Sune Mølgaard April 7, 2013

For a customer, the Two-dimensional Filter Statistics Gadget, when set to show the value of a certain select list custom field with three possible values apart from "none", shows an additional column for the non-existant value "Irrelevant".

Does anyone have any idea where that value may come from?

I have looked at the database ("SELECT * FROM jira5_2_9.customfieldvalue WHERE CUSTOMFIELD = 10407;"), which gives 12 results, matching the number of issues that has this field set to a valid value.

Thanks in advance,

Sune Mølgaard

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2013

Is this customfield available in a global context or not?

Does your filter takes the customfield context (issue types, projects) in consideration?

As far as I can see, the customfield is defined in the context of 9 issue types in 1 project.

The strange thing is that my query above, which should return all issues with this field set to any value, returns 12 issues.

All of those 12 issues have the field set to a valid value, and the one listed under "Irrelevant" (which is non-clickable, so I can't see which issue it is) is in addition to these 12...

I hope the description makes sense, even if the situation doesn't...

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2013

I can recreate this behaviour by not specifying the project and/or the specific issue types in the jql of the filter that's being used by the 2 dimensional filter statistics gadget.

So just extend the jql of your filter to specify the exact project and 9 issues types, that should help you out.

If that doesn't work, please post the jql of the filter you are using, and I'll take a deeper look ;)

Sune Mølgaard April 16, 2013

Sorry for the lateness of my reply, but you were correct, of course, that the field wasn't available in the context of that one, specific issue.

Thank you very much :-)

Like Juan Felipe Cardona likes this
0 votes
Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2014

I had this same issue occurring. I found out that the field that I was using for the gadget wasn't visible in all field configurations for the projects that were included in the query. The interesting thing is, once I made the field visible, then I no longer had the irrelevant line. What was interesting though, is that they all went to the count of None..which makes sense because I didn't have a value for the field set yet; however, when I drilled into that line of None, only 1 returned - those that had no value selected (because it hadn't been set during the creation) didn't appear in the query (there were 33) even though the count for None showed correctly as 34 (1 + 33).

0 votes
codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2013

Please look in the table above if there are customfields which have this value. Perhaps this is a value of a deleted field?

Thanks for answering, Mathias, but no, that does not seem to be the case :-(

Suggest an answer