Two different view screen issue

DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2013

Hi,

I want to have two different 'view issue' in one screen scheme. It is possible?

Let me explain me: I want a view issue screen for project role 'client' in my company that display different information in view issue that another screen for project role 'developer'.

It it possible this scenario with Jira?

Thanks in advance!

Daniel.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2013

No. Screens are done by issue-type (within a project), not by user.

The user can have some effect on what's on offer - e.g. if they can't modify reporter or assignee, those fields are surpressed on edit screens. But the view screen shows all the available data to all users.

You need the "field security" or "behaviours" plugins - these can take a "view" screen with everything on it and selectively hide bits, but it's still one screen.

DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2013

Thanks!

So I will try plugin behaviours if if there is no other way than by a plugin...

Suggest an answer