Two Word labels possible?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Creating Multiple Word Labels

I was able to select the following text "Cooperating Agency", without the quotes, and then paste that value into the Labels field resulting in a single two-word label being shown. 

The article I read stated that one must use hyphens or underscores yet I was able to do with selected text.  Will this two word label be recognized?

Thank you.

Terry

1 answer

What is a word but a unique string of letters. You certainly can have a label called cooperatingagency. You just have to remember that it is one word the next time someone wants to use it or search on it.

I would strongly recommend that if you go this route that all multiple word labels be compressed this way (i.e. no underscores or hyphens). Personally, I find that hard to read so I would use the underscores. Which ever method you choose, be consistent across all your pages and labels.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 14, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

509 views 3 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you