Two Jiras - one license.

Pawel Trzaska May 6, 2014

Hello everybody

Is that possible to run two jiras on one license? I mean that I have one license and two jiras, one of them is all time up and in case of breakdown, the second one is turning on. In this model only one jira is active at the moment(no situation that two are working in the same time). I mean something like mirror jira but activated with the same key - is this possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2014

In case you require an additional license for a staging or development instance, you can have a technical contact of the original license genereate a developer license for this purpose. Additional details are available here

Pawel Trzaska May 6, 2014

I rather mean second instance of (production) jira that will be turn on in only one case - if main jira will broke down.

MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2014

In that case, we don't provide additional instances beyond the licensed one, but please bare in mind, there might be many reasons for an instance to go down. Starting up another instance does not necessarily mean the issue will be resolved and the production environment will be up and running again.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2014

Your development licence allows for "disaster recovery" servers too, but these are there by definition for *catastrophic* failure, not "it falls over sometimes".

As Mick says, you need to look at the cases where you might use the DR server - if it's because your data centre flooded, the police cut the power to the building because of a threat or someone smacked a 40 ton power supply into the side of the building (all cases I've lived through), then yes, that's a "disaster" and worth having a backup server for. Which you can use the dev licence for. But if it's just because your main server crashes sometimes, no.

Suggest an answer