Two Integrated JIRA's

nithesh nithu April 23, 2018

Hi,

I have a requirement as below, need to know the possibilities and pre-requisite for the same.

One JIRA (existing already) to create a ticket and when the ticket is approved, a linked ticket to be created in the another JIRA (new instance) and to follow the remaining process as per the work flow developed. Once the ticket in the New instance is set as Resolved/Completed, the Initial ticket created should be set to resolved.

Thanks in advance.

4 answers

3 votes
Deleted user April 24, 2018

Hi @nithesh nithu,

As Nic mentioned, an issue synchronization add-on such as Backbone Issue Sync for Jira would be a simple way to achieve this (to be clear - I work for K15t Software, the developer of that add-on).

Using Backbone, you could create a synchronization between the two Jira instances, so that whenever an issue is created in the first Jira, a corresponding partner issue would be created in the partner Jira. It's possible to control what exact issue data (fields, attachments, workflow states etc.) get synchronized, and in what direction.

With Backbone's visual workflow mapping tool, synchronizing workflows is also really simple.

If you have any further questions, please reach out to us and we'll be happy to help.

Cheers, Tom.

2 votes
francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 24, 2018

Nic - thanks for mentioning Exalate 

This is a core use case of Exalate - a Jira Issue Sync solution.

Take into account the other cases where the developers don't consider the issue as a bug, request feedback about some items, or have a similar issue.  Establishing such workflow orchestration can become very interesting - especially the discussions around them :-)

If you would like to know more - please book a meeting in my online agenda

https://exalate-demo.youcanbook.me

Francis

Yash Doshi November 15, 2019

thanks guys.

I supplied the email to get the whitepaper but did not get it. One question around Exalate was how does the data transmission happen? Via Rest API? I understand you have something called sync processors which consist of groovy scripts to set up the incoming and outgoing.

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 16, 2019

> I supplied the email to get the whitepaper but did not get it

Strange - I will send it directly.  Let me know if you didn't receive it.

> One question around Exalate was how does the data transmission happen? Via Rest API

Exalate provides different deployment models, depending on the underlying tracker.  For instance, on Jira Server/Data Center - Exalate is deployed as an add-on, while for HP ALM/QC, BMC Remedy, and certain ServiceNow environments, Exalate is deployed on an On Prem service.

The communication between the Exalate and the tracker depends on the tracker, while the communication between the Exalate agents is based on Rest API's

deployment model overview.png

More of it in the whitepaper.

> I understand you have something called sync processors which consist of groovy scripts to set up the incoming and outgoing.

That's correct.   Every environment keeps full control on what information is  sent to  the other side and  how incoming  information is handled.  This  autonomy (and distributed archtecture) is key  for any cross company integrations, where each party  wants to have full control.  

The scripting engine allows for maximum flexibility.  It has a steeper learning curve than GUI based interfaces, but it ensures  a future  proof  solution.

Looking forward for your feedback

Like Yash Doshi likes this
Yash Doshi November 18, 2019

Thank you for the security paper. It is very detailed and thorough. Are there any performance test numbers that you can share? Nothing too detailed, but I would like to give the benchmarks to the customer so that they are aware. They have a Jira instance that has grown organically and hence I want to be risk-averse.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2018

The cleanest option would be to duplicate the project on both Jira systems and use one of the synchronisation add-ons to send the data over to each (Look for Backbone or Exalate in the marketplace)

If you want to do it exactly as you describe, you'll need to come up with two workflows with holes in them (they will both need "with other system" type status), and then write code to create and update the issues appropriately.

Yash Doshi November 14, 2019

We are doing an assessment and we are looking at Exalate and Backbone. The customer has his jira instance behind a firewall and he wishes to integrate with a vendor jira.

From a 'choice of data' to sync, performance, security and risk standpoint - any recommendations on which one does better?

francis
Marketplace Partner
November 15, 2019

(I'm with the team that builds Exalate)

Hi Yash,

Check the answer from Mathias on your question on the other thread here.

It boils down that both add-ons have their own approach to cover these requirements.

We do have an extensive overview of the design of Exalate in the Security and Architecture whitepaper.

It provides an answer on most frequent asked questions around this subject.  You can also book a conf call to discuss your particular requirements (here)

Francis

Like Matthias Gaiser _K15t_ likes this
Jfmeza February 3, 2022

Hi Francis In my company we need to replicate or clone a project from our jira cloud to the jira cloud of our client from time to time in such a way that they can observe the progress of the project, exalate can do this? 

francis
Marketplace Partner
February 4, 2022

Yes - absolutely - this is a core use case and used at many different customers.
The only difference is that this is continuous and not 'time to time' - but i guess  that would be ok also

Jfmeza February 4, 2022

Hello francis, for the project we are doing we are going to acquire the exalate license but I need technical support for its implementation, you could indicate a contact for this work. 

francis
Marketplace Partner
February 9, 2022

Hi @Jfmeza 

We have an extensive network of Exalate partners (130+) who know how to collect the requirements around the sync and make sure that it works.

https://exalate.com/partners/

I'm sure you can find one that is meeting your expectations.

0 votes
Yash Doshi November 14, 2019

Had a question, asked it in the thread itself.

Suggest an answer