Two Dimensional Filter - Story points

Raoul Kaiser September 14, 2014

At Summit 2014 one of the presenters mentioned you could add story points to the two dimensional filter. I can not find that option for either the x or y axis. Could someone point me in the right directions.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2014

I don't think you can do that unless you have story points as a multiple option field like select list. Maybe that is what the presenter had?

0 votes
Raoul Kaiser September 15, 2014

You are both absolutely correct. I created a new custom field Issue Story Points and bound the list to point values and it now shows for an axis within the two dimensional filter. I am all set up now. Thanks for the push in the right direction. Unfortunately it will have 2 story point fields for a while until I can figure out the configuration for the JIRA Agile point fields.

The presentation was gamifying Jira.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2014

Ah, now you have a different problem, in that you can't use a select list for story points. Only numerics, which you can't use in a 2D filter gadget. I think the presenter may have made a mistake.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2014

I'm curious about which presenter said it, because, no, you can't.  The 2d gadget only accepts "stattable" fields - that is ones with predefined and bounded lists of options.

It's also possible that they didn't mean the 2d filter gadget and were thinking about some other form of report

Suggest an answer