Two Dimensional Filter Statistics, Pie Chart and Issue Statics gadgets show incorrect data for custom select list fields

Paul Jarman November 18, 2012

After upgrading a 5.0.3 instance of Jira to 5.1.2, 5.1.7 or 5.1.8 the Two Dimensional Filter Statistics, Pie Chart and Issue Statics gadgets show incorrect data for two of our custom select list fields. I have checked all of the other select and multiselect fields. They do not have any problems with the data displayed.

The two fields are implicitly associated with a large number of projects.

Each field has a large number of contexts configured. Each context corresponds to a specific project. Both fields have a specific default value associated with each context. Each context has only one active option for each field. Some of the contexts have disabled choice options.

I have disabled in-line editing and re-indexed without effect.

I have changed the searcher from single select to multiselect and re-indexed without effect.

In the attached screenshots there are different totals for each Jira versioned instance. That is expected as they are off slightly different imports from our production server. However, the behaviors are markedly different. I can provide screenshots from our 5.1.2 and 5.1.8 instances which show the same behavior as the 5.1.7 instance.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ivan Tse
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 12, 2012

Worked with Paul on a support ticket and this issues comes down to a bug in JIRA.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-29363

If anyone else here runs into this, please take a look at the ticket progress and follow along.

Paul Jarman January 29, 2013

fixed in Jira 5.2.5. Thanks for the hard work Ivan and Adam.

Suggest an answer