Turn off notifications

Kyle Mitofsky September 14, 2015

In the question Turn off email notifications for a single user, John writes:

That user can go to profile and turn off notifications. but, this will be for issues that user is involved with

However, I can't find the setting under profile settings on JIRA v6.3.15

Is this setting still available, and if so, where?

I do not want to change the notification scheme and I do not want to brick the email address so we can still have password recovery.  I'm just looking to turn off notifications to the user.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Taha Khanzada
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2015

Hi Kyle,

You cannot completely turn off notification from user profile. You need to modify your notification scheme or invalid email id as suggested in the previous answer.

From profile you can select My Changes to "Do not notify me" but still you will get notification from other users.

Other thing that you can do through your profile is Disable Autowatch, so that you will not automatically gets added as watchers when you comment on the ticket. 

For more info - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/managing-your-user-profile-185729642.html

So basically you need to set your notification such that this user will not get notified on other events.

Taha

Suggest an answer