Turn off automatic emails when issue is resolved?

Ronald Marion March 26, 2016

Is there any way to shut off automated emails when I resolve an issue?  I changed the notification scheme to not send an email to the Reporter when the issue is resolved, but the emails still keep being generated.  I think it's because the system automatically inserts a comment to the Reporter and I have not (understandably) disabled emails to the Reporter when comments are added.  Is there some way to either turn off emails under these circumstances or override the default behavior that inserts a comment automatically when an issue is closed?

I don't mind having our users get an email when we specifically type something into the comment block, but this practice of bombarding them with emails every time something changes.

2 answers

0 votes
Juha Lastuniemi August 18, 2016

I have this same problem. When I set issue to resolved it sends empty Comment -notification. In Resolution screen I have set Log work as mandatory, is that the cause? JSD notifications are disabled and in JIRA notification schema only Comment notification is enabled. JIRA v7.1.9.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2016

The "Resolving Issue" event is triggered whenever a value was set to the Resolution field, more over Issue Issue Updated maybe triggered when there are additional changes made to the issue. First, I think you need to make sure on what JIRA event is the email coming from.

Suggest an answer