Turn Off Create Sub Task button when a ticket is closed

Mark Gordon October 31, 2014

JIRA

Is there a way to turn the Create SubTask button off when a ticket is at a specific status (i.e Closed).

I would rather do this at the project leve and not globally.

2 answers

0 votes

John,

We already have done that at the workflow level. Edit is not visible But Create SubTask button is visible. We need to hide that for the last status (Closed). We can still click on Create Sub Task when in Closed status and we get the next screen to enter things.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2014

So, on the Closed status, you can not edit the issue but can create the subtask?

John,

yes, we can click on that Create SubTask button and it takes us to the next screen to start entering parent info. 

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2014

Can you add a screenshot of the View issue page with the list of operations available? JIRA shouldn't let you create subtasks if Edit is not allowed.

John,

Sorry, my typeo. I meant to write Converto to Subtask. I do not want that to show in Closed.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 31, 2014

Yes, you can disable the "Edit" permission on the ticket on the Closed status. Without the Edit, you won't be able to create subtasks.

See http://www.j-tricks.com/tutorials/permissions-based-on-workflow-status for some examples on how to restrict permissions on workflow status.

Suggest an answer