Trying to validate that the value of Priority field is not equal to (None)

Bill Green October 8, 2015

1 answer

0 votes
Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2015

Off the top of my head, assuming a custom script validator:

import com.opensymphony.workflow.InvalidInputException;

if (issue.getPriorityObject.getName() == "None") {
	invalidInputException = new InvalidInputException("Priority can not be set to \"None\".");
}
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2015

I'm not sure that's going to work. If they've genuinely got "None" as an option added to the priority list, then it's fine. But if they haven't, then when JIRA displays "None", it's actually saying "there's nothing in the database, and the value is not set", in which case issue.getPriorityObject will return a null and a horrid error message.

Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2015

Heh, I'm not certain either; in this case, I assumed "None" was a legitimate option as, otherwise, I think the better approach is to make the field mandatory on the form, which I seem to recall removes the "None" option from the list.

Suggest an answer