Trying to setup a workflow with steps

Kathleen Jacobs February 18, 2013

i have a checklist we go through every version and trying to set this up with Jira Ondemand.

But there isn't any todo lists, checkboxes (that keep everything listed out in the ticket), or auto create subtask.

I want to be able to select a specifc issue type, fill is custo assignees, and the ticket sends steps out to these assignees. But I need a way for someone to open the ticket and fast and easily, see where the progress of these tasks are.

any ideas?

Tried Checkbox but if you're not editing it, it turns into a single line of confusion. If it away stayed in Edit View, then would be great. But i'm using ondemand so I don't think i can edit that.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2013

Jira does check-boxes, has done for ages, and in much the same way since at least v3.0, so I'm not sure what the problem here is. OnDemand certainly implements them.

Auto-create subtask - no, that needs a plugin, which you can't install in OnDemand if memory serves.

For "custom assignees", I'm a bit lost. I want to mutter about multi-user-pickers, but I also suspect that I'm missing your point and they won't do it.

As I stated above: "Tried Checkbox but if you're not editing it, it turns into a single line of confusion. If it away stayed in Edit View, then would be great. But i'm using ondemand so I don't think i can edit that."

I set up a custom Field for Assignees, and thats fine. My main problem is showing the visiual in the ticket for progress when it's in a checklist setup.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2013

Um, if I'd understood that, I wouldn't have mentioned it. Although, re-reading, I can see I didn't say that, for which I apologise!

I'm guessing your "single line of confusion" is about the display, where instead of taking up a huge block of screen displaying all the options and highlighting the selected ones, it gets compressed down to text indicating only the selected options. I prefer that personally, but I can understand if you don't for small option lists.

"If it away stayed in Edit View" - I really don't get that at all, I can't begin to guess at what you mean.

If you Edit the field that's set up as mutl checkboxes, It shows all the options and a checkbox for each one. But when you click off of them, it turns into a single line of only ones that are checked. If is stayed with the same format as if you're editing it (Where it shows the whole list and checkboxes for each one, checked and unchecked), that would be ideal.

But I think i would need to change someone in the backend for that to happen. I'm on Ondemand so don't think I can do that

Suggest an answer