It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Trying to remove hours when the office is closed from resolution time reporting

Is there a way within Jira that I can set the business hours to ensure that our resolution time reporting is accurate?

I would like to be able to remove hours outside of say, 8am - 5pm, and weekends and holidays.

Thanks to anyone who can offer some insight!

2 answers

You are able to configure it on the board level if you're tracking work with boards. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/configuring-working-days-764478050.html

This mostly helps reflect accurate work in burn down and sprint charts. If you're doing this on more of a customer basis you may want to consider Jira Service Desk. That gives you the ability to set SLAs on individual working day calendars. 

But there is also a pretty wide variety of time tracking add on applications in the atlassian marketplace that may help you better track your time as well. 

I am actually trying to use this outside of the board level. The reporting I am trying to do is through a custom dashboard with the Resolution Time gadget. This means I am pulling tickets in from all boards, and I'm seeing that it's not factoring the working hours set at the board level, despite it being set the same for all boards.

Is there another way around this? Perhaps something I can put directly in my query to remove those hours?

I suppose this is your solution then

That addon will allow you to do this without major issues

Hello @Elden Dutton what @Nich_Hogue suggest would work if you are using Jira software. If you are talking about Jira service desk instead, check the following link in order to reflect your working hours into your SLAs metrics

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver/create-and-edit-sla-calendars-976770869.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you