Trying to import more than 250 new tickets over csv in JIRA server

zerobarat1 October 10, 2019

I am trying to create more than 250 tickets over CSV importer and I cannot. I am getting this error in the CSV importer: 

jira-importer-plugin.csv.field.mapping.page.too.many.mappings.values

I tried this over both the system external importer and the normal Issue importer (can be found in the Issue menu).

I also added 

jira.bulk.create.max.issues.per.import=30000
jira.bulk.edit.limit.issue.count=30000

in the JIRA_HOME>jira-config.properties

I restarted jira afterwards and I also checked Admin > System > System Info and the values are refreshed.

has anyone encountered this bottleneck?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nisha Hajamohideen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2019

When you are mapping CSV field to JIRA field, you do not need to check "Map field value" checkbox. You need to check it only if you'd like to manually map values from your CSV file to JIRA values. This is really useful for fields such as Issue Types, Resolutions, Priorities etc, it doesn't make much sense for non-unique fields.

JIRA won't allow you to go to the next step, if you have selected fields that have more than few thousand unique values, because it would result that next page would contain a table with few thousand textboxes.

Use the checkmark "Map field value" ONLY for fields that you want to MODIFY yourself on the next page. That's only required for fields that need a different value on the target Jira . For all other fileds do not set the checkmark. If you still can't get to the next page, try to modify your file before the import so that you can set less checkmarks.

Nisha Hajamohideen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2019

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-62597 is still an open ticket with Atlassian.

zerobarat1 October 10, 2019

Spot on, sir!

Suggest an answer