Trying to import issues using Jelly but receive an error..

Gary Pinkham December 25, 2012

Trying to import some issues that I extracted from Redmine using a Jelly Script.. It fails with this exception..

Error: <JiraJelly xmlns:jira="jelly:com.atlassian.jira.jelly.JiraTagLib">
Exception: org.apache.commons.jelly.JellyTagException: file:/home/gpinkham/rubymine_workspace/migrate-redmine-to-jira/redmine_dump.jelly:23:0: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
java.io.PrintWriter@33d2953d

the line in question is:

&lt;jira:CreateIssue summary="upsell tracking" priority="Minor" created="2010-06-09 09:40 PM" versions="" updated="2010-10-19 06:20 PM" fixVersions="" description="Imported from Redmine issue #1&amp;#10;&amp;#10;Need to track upsell clicks in reports.&amp;#13;&amp;#10;&amp;#13;&amp;#10;Since the upsell action happens much earlier than the add to cart, we need to:&amp;#13;&amp;#10;&amp;#13;&amp;#10;1. Change upsell links to go through the upsell controller, which will record the (upsell_id, product_type, product_id) in the session then redirect to the&amp;#13;&amp;#10;appropriate target url.&amp;#13;&amp;#10;&amp;#13;&amp;#10;Best to do &amp;#13;&amp;#10;&amp;#13;&amp;#10;  sessions[[product_type, product_id]] = upsell_id&amp;#13;&amp;#10;&amp;#13;&amp;#10;Yes, the key is an array.&amp;#13;&amp;#10;&amp;#13;&amp;#10;&amp;#13;&amp;#10;2. Add column line_items.upsell_id, default null&amp;#13;&amp;#10;&amp;#13;&amp;#10;3. When an item is added to the cart, set&amp;#13;&amp;#10;&amp;#13;&amp;#10;   line_items.upsell_id = sessions[[product_type, product_id]]&amp;#13;&amp;#10;&amp;#13;&amp;#10;4. Update any reports in db/reports that reference line_items to include the upsells_table and add the upsells.id and upsells.headline columns to the report." issueIdVar="issue_id" assignee="" issueKeyVar="issue_key_1" reporter="admin" issueType="New Feature" duplicateSummary="ignore" duedate=""/&gt;

any thoughts on what might be wrong? the error message isn't really telling me much..

thanks!

<Edit to add some more details>

for the record my file is like this:

&lt;JiraJelly xmlns:jira="jelly:com.atlassian.jira.jelly.JiraTagLib"&gt;
  &lt;jira:CreateProject key="" lead="gpinkham" name="A Tech " url="" description=""&gt;
    &lt;jira:AddVersion releaseDate="11/May/11" name="A19: 2011-05-11" description=""/&gt;
[...]
    &lt;jira:CreateIssue issueIdVar="issue_id" priority="Minor" assignee="" issueKeyVar="issue_key_1" reporter="admin" issueType="New Feature" duplicateSummary="ignore" duedate="" summary="upsell tracking" created="2010-06-09 09:40 PM" versions="" updated="2010-10-19 06:20 PM" fixVersions="" description="Imported from Redmine issue #1&amp;#10;&amp;#10;Need to track upsell clicks in reports.&amp;#13;&amp;#10;&amp;#13;&amp;#10;Since the upsell action happens much earlier than the add to cart, we need to:&amp;#13;&amp;#10;&amp;#13;&amp;#10;1. Change upsell links to go through the upsell controller, which will record the (upsell_id, product_type, product_id) in the session then redirect to the&amp;#13;&amp;#10;appropriate target url.&amp;#13;&amp;#10;&amp;#13;&amp;#10;Best to do &amp;#13;&amp;#10;&amp;#13;&amp;#10;  sessions[[product_type, product_id]] = upsell_id&amp;#13;&amp;#10;&amp;#13;&amp;#10;Yes, the key is an array.&amp;#13;&amp;#10;&amp;#13;&amp;#10;&amp;#13;&amp;#10;2. Add column line_items.upsell_id, default null&amp;#13;&amp;#10;&amp;#13;&amp;#10;3. When an item is added to the cart, set&amp;#13;&amp;#10;&amp;#13;&amp;#10;   line_items.upsell_id = sessions[[product_type, product_id]]&amp;#13;&amp;#10;&amp;#13;&amp;#10;4. Update any reports in db/reports that reference line_items to include the upsells_table and add the upsells.id and upsells.headline columns to the report."/&gt;
    &lt;jira:AddComment commenter="admin" created="2010-06-09 09:46 PM" issue-key="${issue_key_1}" comment=""/&gt;
    &lt;jira:AddComment commenter="ejeffery" created="2010-10-19 06:20 PM" issue-key="${issue_key_1}" comment="Status: Updated from 'New' to 'Closed'&amp;#10;&amp;#10;"/&gt;
    &lt;jira:CreateIssue issueIdVar="issue_id" priority="Minor" assignee="" issueKeyVar="issue_key_17" reporter="admin" issueType="New Feature" duplicateSummary="ignore" duedate="" summary="Purchased designs" created="2010-08-17 06:53 PM" versions="" updated="2011-05-10 08:24 PM" fixVersions="" description="Imported from Redmine issue #17&amp;#10;&amp;#10;Once a design is purchased, however, it should not be possible to edit it.&amp;#13;&amp;#10;However one should be able to edit a copy of the design."/&gt;
[...]

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Sultan Maiyaki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 26, 2012

Hi Gary,

I see three issues that can possibly be the root cause:

1. The project-key attribute is a required field.Can you try to add it

2. Ensure that the closing tag ends with </jira:CreateIssue> NOT />

3. For the purpose of troubleshoot, can you please remove all the date tags and see if the issue is created?

Gary Pinkham December 26, 2012

I will try the project key.. as for issue_key.. I forked another project on github to get the initial redmine to jelly script. . they had that in there. I assumed it was a jelly/jira thing..

1 vote
dleng
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 26, 2012

Hello Gary,
Im not entirely familiar with jelly, but I think I can point out some things that you can try:
1. You do not have a Project-Key tag. (You need it for issues to be created in that project)

2. For created and updated field, your date-time format should be the following: yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss.0

3. Also, can you tell us what
issue_key_1 and issue_id represents? Maybe you made some errors here as well.

More here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Jelly+Tags

0 votes
Gary Pinkham December 26, 2012

it was the project key.. I guess I thought by including the issue inside the create project tag that it didn't need the project key.. Thanks to you both!

Suggest an answer