Trying to get JIRA Clouding: "This site is already taken"

Javier Salvay November 27, 2017

Hi All, 

We are trying to get JIRA clouding but we are unable to get it, it says the URL is taken already. However, when we check the URL, we get this "Page unavailable. The requested page failed to load. If the problem persists, please contact Cloud Support."

It is very important to use this domain that correspond with the name of the company. Please help us to take this name that according to our understanding, it is not taken yet. So, I have seen this post, where you have made it available for somebody with Confluence. Can you do this as well for our subdomain on clouding?

Looking to have a quick solution from your side. 
Thank you,
Jay

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2017

Hi Jay,

In the link to the other post you cited, the customer noted that they had a Bitbucket Cloud instance, but wanted to register a Confluence Cloud instance with a specific hostname.  

However from reviewing your request, it is not clear to me what domain you currently have vs what hostname you are looking to register.

I would instead recommend reaching out directly to our Cloud Support team per our contact form:  https://support.atlassian.com/contact

I would recommend explaining there what existing site(s) you might have as well as the specific hostname you are trying to register there.

Regards,
Andy

Suggest an answer