Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Trying to create a filter of issues based off a field on their respective subtasks

Good afternoon,

I am trying to create a filter that shows issues whose subtasks have a particular value in a field. 

For example, if the number 5 is in the required field on the subtask, we want the parent issue to display in the filter results.

I have only seen some suggestions from 7-8 years ago and have limited JQL knowledge so I haven't gotten them to work. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Jonathan

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @Jonathan Nogueira 

Such nested queries are not possible with out-of-the-box JQL features of Jira Cloud: JQL is not a SQL.

If you need such queries often, please investigate marketplace addons, such as @Jorge Martinez has suggested.

If you need this once/a few times, I recommend doing this in one of two ways:

• Use a manual query to find the relevant subtasks, grab their parent key, and then search for those separatly
  • Export your data to a spreadsheet (or external database) and perform the join/reporting using formulae

Kind regards,
Bill

Hi @Jonathan Nogueira 

You could do this in Jira Cloud using ScriptRunner Enhanced Search. 

1.- Create a filter for getting all the subtasks with the value you required, save it and copy the filter ID from the URL
image.png

2.- Create a new filter from ScriptRunner Enhanced Search  that use the first one to get all the issues that contains a subtask listed in it
image.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you