Trying to compare 2 fields with Misc Custom Fields plugin

Paul Roche December 8, 2015

Hi,

I'm just basically trying to make a comparison out of 2 customfields that are from the same type.

I'm using a Text Calculated CF from the MISC CF add-ons.

It looks like this:

<!-- @@Formula: issue.get("customfield_xxxxx") != issue.get("customfield_yyyyy") ? "Yes" : "No" -->

I've been trying with many types from text to nFeed fields (which was my initial target) but it still remains stucked on the "Yes" value.

Thanks very much for helping me.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2015

The formula is written in BeanShell, which is almost the same as Java. Thus you want to use the "equals" method to compare values. But be careful to first test for null values. For example, if your custom fields are of type "text", you can tr the following:

<!-- @@Formula: 
if (issue.get("customfield_xxxxx")==null || issue.get("customfield_yyyyy")==null)
    return null;
return issue.get("customfield_xxxxx").equals(issue.get("customfield_yyyyy")) ? "No" : "Yes" -->

Also, please note that this might not work for some custom field types which return complex objects that might not implement the "equals" method correctly.

For information on the value type of standard custom field types, see https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/display/KB/Using+issue.get%28%3Cfield_name%3E%29+in+scripts

Suggest an answer