Trying to assign a project lead to a project and I get user does not exsist and they are a user.

Theresa Nazeer September 30, 2012

Edit Project Lead and Default Assignee for Project: OCP Documentation Queue

Edit Project Lead and Default Assignee for Project: OCP Documentation Queue
<form id="project-edit-lead-and-default-assignee" class="aui" action="EditProjectLeadAndDefaultAssignee.jspa" method="post">
<label for="project-edit-lead-and-default-assignee-lead">Project Lead required</label>
<input id="lead-field" class="text aui-ss-field ajs-dirty-warning-exempt" type="text" value="Sharon Boyd"/>
More
<select id="lead" class="js-default-user-picker single-user-picker" style="display: none;" name="lead" multiple="multiple" data-input-text="Sharon Boyd"></select>
The user you have specified as project lead does not exist.
<input type="hidden" name="assigneeType" value="2"/>
<label>Default Assignee</label> Project Lead
The default assignee when creating issues for this project
</form>

I am trying to assign a USER that is in our system as a project lead for a new project. I just keep getting user does not exsist. SHe has a user ID and she comes up in the pull down. She logs issues all the time. What could be going wrong? I have even given her admin rights and still no luck

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2012

Have you tried simply typing their user id (not name, their physical login) into the field? Can you check the log for errors around the time you try that?

Suggest an answer