Troubles with wiki style renderer for custom field text field

Vladimir Stechenko June 16, 2015

Hi, i have a custom field 

it is Text Field, and according to https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Renderers - this type is supported by Wiki Style Renderers
Renderer for this tickets is set as

However,  somehow it does not support wiki syntax while Description field does(same text for 2 fields in 1 ticket)

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2015

Vladimir,

It looks as this custom field is configured to use the Default Text Renderer. To configure this, simply navigate to Administration » Projects » "Your project", select Fields and edit the Field Configuration for this issue type.

You'll see a "Renderer" option next to the custom field name. smile

Cheers,
Matheus 

Vladimir Stechenko June 17, 2015

thanks

Kubilay Onur Gungor October 5, 2015

it seems does not work custom fields. there are options only for default fields.

Shalvika Sood November 11, 2016

It's applicable for custom fields as well. You have to edit the default field configuration and change the renderer type as mentioned above

Jesse September 3, 2018

Did that - Still not working.

Tomasz Grochowski September 24, 2018

There are two ways to configure that. 

1. Go to general Jira settings and change renderer config. I did it and somehow id does not work.

2. Go first to your project and in project settings go to Fields configuration and there is renderer config. This way worked in my cane.

Like # people like this
Sébastien Richard March 12, 2019

Hello,

Here is what I've done for a new custom field name "To Do" :

Project Settings >> Fields >> Edit Default Field Configuration >> Renderers (for my custom field) >> Active Renderer = Wiki Style Renderer

My new custom field appears in my screen but Wiki Style Renderer does not work.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Björn Osbahr March 15, 2019

Yep, same here. If I click inside such a field the default text renderer applies.

Erik Menkhorst March 25, 2019

Same applies for me unfortunately ... :(  

Brett Wyrick June 5, 2019

@Tomasz Grochowski's reply above, particularly #2, worked for me.

Oddly, I had to go to the Project that I was working on, go to Settings, then go to "Fields". Then I pressed the pencil icon near the top right, then found my field to have "Default Text Renderer" on it, though I had changed it on the "Screens" setting. I changed it to "Wiki Markup Editor" (or whatever it is) and now it's working. Insert shrug emoji.

Like # people like this
Clifton Foster April 7, 2022

Confirmed. Just setting it in the Global Settings does not change it in the Project. You have to go to the Project and change the setting as explained above by Brett Wyrick and Tomasz Grochowski.

Like Brett Wyrick likes this
2 votes
Pavel Bryukhanov July 29, 2019

Despite this is marked as "Solved", I spent quite a few hours trying to understand how to fix this. 
Here a video tutorial on how actually do it in 5 minutes... 

https://youtu.be/QCNHPy88iKA

Enjoy. 

andrés May 7, 2020

Life saver, thanks!

Jack Garrod December 14, 2020

Knight this man!

1 vote
Arpit Joshi February 26, 2020

Tomasz Grochowski's Second option worked for me. Thank you. 

2. Go first to your project and in project settings go to Fields configuration and there is renderer config. This way worked in my cane.

Suggest an answer