Trouble with jira.field.resolution.exclude and xxx.include

Karin Stevenson December 18, 2017

Our system (Server 7.4.2) is used by a number of teams that added different resolutions which are completely meaningless and even detrimental to the workflow in our team. I've been trying to restrict the resolutions that show up with jira.field.resolution.include as well as jira.field.resolution.exclude.

In my workflow I have a step called "Completed" with "Allow all statuses to transition to this one" checked.

The "All" transition has the "Resolve Issue Screen" set and a property to exclude resolutions: jira.field.resolution.exclude 10200,10100

where the 10200 and 10100 and the id's I can see when I hover of the Edit link for these Resolutions. I tried

jira.field.resolution.exclude 10200,10100

jira.field.resolution.exclude=10200,10100

jira.field.resolution.exclude (10200,10100)

jira.field.resolution.exclude=(10200,10100)

None of them makes a difference. When I click on the Completed button for an issue the Resolve Issue Screen shows up but all resolutions show up, even the ones specifically excluded. 

The same happens when I try to do the jira.field.resolution.include with the values that I want to see. Of course,  I deleted the exclude property first. For some reason neither one seem to have any effect.

I also tried to set up a custom screen instead of using the standard Resolve Issue Screen. Same result--all resolutions in the system show up in the Resolve screen.

Could somebody please provide some guidance on what I might have wrong? This is a really big problem for us.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Karin

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2017

I've tried it like this and it works like a charm:

transition-property.png

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2017

May you ensure the property key doesn't have any leading or trailing whitespaces?

Timothy Bassett December 12, 2020

I also can confirm that this attribute does not work

Dan Knapton November 28, 2023

Also make sure there re no spaces between Property Values in the list.

10200,10100 should work if there is no space after the comma

Like Ignacio Pulgar likes this
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2023

Indeed! As Dan Knapton mentioned, it is key to ensure there were no spaces at all, not even after each comma!

2 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2017

first, I suggest you use the include. When you add new resolutions down the line you won't need to update the list.

Second, try re-indexing. 

Thank you, Joe. That's what I did. That way I'm not subject to changes other people make in the system.

I also reindexed the project and the system, just for good measure.

Thanks again!

Timothy Bassett December 12, 2020

The include attribute does not exist - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-16443

Brent Nye March 2, 2022

include apparently does exist in Data Center. Worked for me in 8.20.1.

0 votes

First: Thank you all for the super quick responses and help, Gentlemen!

And I'm blushing to admit that I did have a trailing space. I thought I had checked this but with all the back and forth it must have crept back in.

It's working great now! 

Thanks again and Happy Holidays to you all.

Karin

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2017

Hello,

Do you publish your workflow after changes?

Hi Alexey,

Yes, workflow is published after changes and project reindexed.

Like evgeniy likes this

Suggest an answer