Trouble importing a workflow from 4.3 JIRA to new JIRA

Melissa B. September 16, 2012

Hi,

I was able to successfully import one of the workflows from my current JIRA (4.3) to my new instance of JIRA but there's another workflow that I've tried to import but I get the following error message: "Cannot find screen with id '10003'.

I've tried to find the screen # that is referenced in the error message but I can't find any screen id #.

Any suggestions on how I can resolve this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

V/R,

Melissa

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2012

It's referring to a screen in the Jira you are importing from.

Workflows work on screen IDs, and those are rarely the same in two separate instances.

What you need to do is identify a screen to use instead of the missing one in your new Jira, download the xml of the workflow (right click the xml option and use "save as") then edit the xml, replacing your 10003s with the id of the new screen (bear in mind there might be other 10003s in there that are NOT screens, so you can't just hit it with a simple search and replace)

Melissa B. September 17, 2012

I'm not sure I understand correctly but here's what I've done:

I created additional screens for our new JIRA that we have in our current (legacy) JIRA

I wanted to see what would happen if I tried to do another import of this workflow I need from Legacy to New JIRA but still get the error message of 'cannot find screen with id '10003' so how do I find the new screen ID # so I can replace the 10003 # with the new one? Where do I look to find the new # so I can update the XML of what I want to import?

Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you soonest.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2012

If you look in the list of screens and then hover over the "edit" or "delete" links, you'll find it's got the id buried in the link. Or export a workflow that uses it.

Melissa B. September 17, 2012

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. I'll see what I can find.

B/R,

Melissa

Suggest an answer