Trouble getting email notifications upon ticket transition

Chris Koplan February 23, 2014

I have created a workflow for the my project where upon each transition the ticket will get assigned to someone of a certain project role. I wanted the person the ticket gets assigned to to get an email notification but that doesn't seem to be happening. When I go to the "notifcation helper" it says "Does not get notified of their own changes" but this really wasn't true. Someone from a previous role different from them is the one that made the workflow transition and would have caused the transition to take place making it not and "own change". What do I need to do in order to properly get the notifications to work as I expect them to?

2 answers

0 votes
Chris Koplan March 2, 2014

Thanks. In the end the problem I had was the transition fired the "generic" event instead of the "assigned" event so as a result the notificaiton wasn't triggered. I just had to change it from generic to assigned events on the trnasition post-op and it works now.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2014

First, pick a transition that is not working - let's get one right first.

Now, go to the post-functions on the transition - what have you got for "fire event XXXXXXX"? Generic? Updated? Something else?

Next, go to the notification scheme. Find the name of the event that is fired in the post-function - what exactly is next to that in the "who do I email" column?

Suggest an answer