Trouble creating application Links between two applications (Jira and Confluence) that are both SSO Protected

ohmkaar kambhampati
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2013

Hi ...

I have Confluence under a custom SSO and JIRA under same custom SSO(same user base). However, Im not able to create an Application link between the two.

How should I proceed to create an application link in this kind of scenario??

Basic access doesnt seem to work. So I thought I should resort to Oauth. But with OAuth, Im being asked for private key, consumer key etc.

Moreover, I get this message jira (Generic Application) is not registered as a service provider and Host152 (Confluence) cannot make requests using OAuth.

While I have both these Apps (Jira and Confluence ) up and running on Host152.domain.com.

Thanks,

Ohmkaar

1 answer

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2013

Hi there,

It will be hard to troubelshoot the issue without narrowing it down. I recommend you to switch back to the default authenticator to scrap the custom SSO and see if the trusted application works.

This way we can confirm whether the issue is caused by the configured custom SSO or other environmental issue.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

ohmkaar kambhampati
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2013

Thanks Septa ..

Im simultaneously following up in the following chain too. Id like to continue there.

Im able to configure application link without SSO.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/121578/creating-application-links-between-applications-protected-by-custom-sso?page=1

Suggest an answer