Trouble changing access to Private for Classic boards

Josefin Bengtsson January 21, 2021

Hej! 

We are currently on Next Gen but we have some old boards which have the "Classic software" type. I have been informed that some of these are visible to users who should not be able to access them. Is there an equivalent of making a board "Private" as you can in Next Gen, for the Classic boards?

Thank you in advance!

1 answer

1 vote
Sajit Nair
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2021

Hi @Josefin Bengtsson -
I would encourage you to go to that "Board Settings" -> "General" -> "Shares"

and see who all have access to that board.
You should be able to see those if you are a board administrator. Else you can request the administrator to do that.

Classic boards are a little different from Next gen and more or less revolve around the filter share/ project level access too.

Josefin Bengtsson January 26, 2021

Hej @Sajit Nair

Thanks for the feedback but i cannot seem to locate "Shares" under "Board Settings" -> "General". Where should I see this?

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2021

When navigating to "Board Settings" -> "General" -> "Shares" you should be able to see the part "Shares".

In case you cannot see it please share how it looks for you.

Please kindly be reminded, it is a classic board.

grafik.png

Josefin Bengtsson January 26, 2021

Oh yes, there I see it! But I do not seem to have the "Edit Filter Shares" option:

Capture.PNG

Is this only with the administrator of the board? I am a site admin so I would have thought that I would have that access right in all boards?

When you go into Edit Filter Shares, do you have the possibility of restricting access to only board members? Thanks again!

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2021

Could you double check if you have (edit) permissions for "HW-Discription" project's underlying filter ("Filter for HD board")?
From what I understood you need permissions there.

grafik.png

For my case the filter is there and shared with "HELPDESK, All Roles"

You can share with:

• Groups
  • Projects
  • or: Any logged-in user

grafik.png

As a site admin you can get all permissions (by granting them yourself) - of course!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events