Trouble Connecting AD to JIRA

Boyce Baine April 17, 2013

Under my AD Domain root I have an OU named JIRA with two user groups jira-admin and jira-user. I am trying to synchronise the users within these groups in the JIRA OU. I have tried both the Active Directory type and the Internal with LDAP Authentication types. If I select the base dn as the domain or as the users cn it works, but adds alot of unnecessary users. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have looked through all of the questions and forums to no avail. Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

I actually had to add the ou to the Additional Group DN and now, although all of my AD users are in the user directory, only those I want to have access are mapped to JIRA groups.

3 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2013

Lets say that your REAL base DN is dc=example.dc=com. Within this, you have an OU which is called JIRA. Then your base DN in JIRA should be dc=example,dc=com. Then set the Additional user DN to ou=jira.

Boris, I have tried both with the ou as part of the base DN and with the ou as the Additional User DN. When I test it still tells me the user does not exist.

Suggest an answer