Triggering Fisheye as part of a Jira workflow transition

Bob Ashforth August 1, 2013

We'd like to trigger Fisheye as part of a Jira workflow transition. The code review step is optional, so the trigger would have to be conditional.
Is this possible without writing a new Jira plugin?

2 answers

0 votes
Bob Ashforth August 1, 2013

My company tried using Fisheye reviews as a requirement for checkins to Subversion; if that's the plugin you mean, my understanding is that first the tool was way behind in committing the reviewed changes, and second, its operation broke completely after the last Jira upgrade.

Setting that aside, my team is beginning use of a custom Jira workflow, and one step is an 'optional review' if the ticket owner wants one. This is where (and why) I wanted to trigger Fisheye to review the selected change. The review step would be optional, and would not be hooked into Subversion (or any other SCM tool), but rather Jira. The commit would be a separate step performed directly by the user.

Hope this helps, thanks-

Bob

0 votes
dleng
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2013

Can you further explain what you meant by "Trigger Fisheye" ? As far as I know, the Fisheye plugin only adds one condition.. which is to ensure that there are no incomplete reviews.

Exactly what behaviour do you want to trigger in the workflow transition?

Suggest an answer