Trigger workflow transition based on a comment

Søren Degn Jahns May 31, 2015

Is it possible to trigger a workflow transition based on the condition that the issue get's commented by an user in a specific JIRA group?

We are currently using a workflow with a status "Awaiting Customer". We use this to cover issues where more information is needed from the client or scenarios similar, What we would like to be able to do is switch the status of the issue back to "In Progress" when the client (end-user) comments on the issue.

I'm having trouble seeing how its possible since all the options available to the transitions in the workflow are limited to post-click functionality. What I'm trying to do here is mimicking a click on the transition from "Awaiting Customer" to "In Progress", based on a comment being posten.

Kind regards
Daniel Andersen
Insurance Business Applications 

4 answers

0 votes
Jonathan Hult May 24, 2016

For those on the Server version of JIRA, this (free, Atlassian Labs) add-on, will allow for a transition upon a comment (plus multiple other types of automation).

JIRA Automation Plugin

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2016

It shows as unsupported so it could stop working at any release

Jonathan Hult May 24, 2016

This is true. Unfortunately, this is all I know of at the moment (and was easy to get running).

0 votes
Sylwester Ronda-Tchórz July 21, 2015

hello,

I am having the same question....

Can somebody update this post with the proposed resolution  ?

BR/Sylwester

0 votes
Søren Degn Jahns June 1, 2015

I'm not sure what youre thinking of doing with the labeled Customer Comment. How would I go about setting up something like that? smile

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2015

Not out of the box. You can probably do it with scripting. Why not put a transition labeled Customer Comment for they to use to post the comment and that would transition back to In Progress?

Suggest an answer