Trigger workflow transition based on a comment

Is it possible to trigger a workflow transition based on the condition that the issue get's commented by an user in a specific JIRA group?

We are currently using a workflow with a status "Awaiting Customer". We use this to cover issues where more information is needed from the client or scenarios similar, What we would like to be able to do is switch the status of the issue back to "In Progress" when the client (end-user) comments on the issue.

I'm having trouble seeing how its possible since all the options available to the transitions in the workflow are limited to post-click functionality. What I'm trying to do here is mimicking a click on the transition from "Awaiting Customer" to "In Progress", based on a comment being posten.

Kind regards
Daniel Andersen
Insurance Business Applications 

4 answers

0 votes
Joe Pitt Community Champion Jun 01, 2015

Not out of the box. You can probably do it with scripting. Why not put a transition labeled Customer Comment for they to use to post the comment and that would transition back to In Progress?

I'm not sure what youre thinking of doing with the labeled Customer Comment. How would I go about setting up something like that? smile

hello,

I am having the same question....

Can somebody update this post with the proposed resolution  ?

BR/Sylwester

For those on the Server version of JIRA, this (free, Atlassian Labs) add-on, will allow for a transition upon a comment (plus multiple other types of automation).

JIRA Automation Plugin

Joe Pitt Community Champion May 24, 2016

It shows as unsupported so it could stop working at any release

This is true. Unfortunately, this is all I know of at the moment (and was easy to get running).

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

21,641 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you