Trigger parent transition from subtask using script runner

Mien Bao May 7, 2014

I use Jira and have the script runner plugin installed. I want to trigger a transition from a subtask on the parent using script runner. I know that it's easy to do with Jira Misc Workflow extensions, but I'd rather do the same function with Script Runner.

Script runner already provides to do the parent transition when all subtasks are resolved, but that's not the case in my situation.

2 answers

0 votes
Jan-Peter Storch March 4, 2015

Hello,

I'm also interested in a solution to transition the parent depending on the subtasks.

Especially I want to transition the parent if all subtasks of a specific type are resolved.

However at the moment I'm trying to use a workaround with the the Script workflow function "Transition parent when all subtasks are resolved". But I'm facing the problem that this is only working if I have more than one subtask. If I have only one subtask which gets resolved the transition of the parent is not triggered, as soon as I add a second subtask and resolve this the parent is moved to the next state.

I would be grateful, if there is anybody who could provide a solution to the original question or help me with my workaround.

Thanks in advance.

0 votes
Brad Warburton November 10, 2014

I would really like an answer to this also

Suggest an answer