Trigger of email notification on tagging labels in the labels field

Pranav Somani January 22, 2021

Hi ,

The question is if its possible to have email notification sent to a group of people when a label is added in the Labels field in Jira ?

To my knowledge , Labels can not be linked to any email addresses but the Reporter and the Assignee of the ticket will however get a notification when a label is tagged/removed or as a matter of fact , when any updates are made to the ticket .

Please correct me if i am wrong and also let me know if there is any way of achieving this .

Attached is a screenshot of the field which I am talking about ( Labels in a box )

Labels.jpg

Regards,

Pranav

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2021

Hi @Pranav Somani

If we are looking at either a specific label or just the label it is achievable via Automation

Label 1.pngLabel 2.png

If you are looking at specific labels add JQL Condition

Thanks,
Pramodh

Pranav Somani January 27, 2021

thank you @Pramodh M , this answer has very much helped me in achieving what i was looking for . thanks :) 

Regards.

0 votes
Answer accepted
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2021

Hi @Pranav Somani ,

Please try the below.

Project settings --> Automation --> add new rule

image.pngYou can choose for which operations " Create" / Edit / Assign / Transition.

image.png

You can choose the users / group as above . save and try once.

Please vote and accept the answer for other to find easy , if it matches your need. 

Thanks.

Pranav Somani January 27, 2021

thank you @KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH  for the support and the answer .

Regards.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events