Trigger email notifications at periodic intervals based on the value in the date time picker fields

Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2014

There is a situation where I have 2 date time picker custom fields- Shutdown Time and Startup Time, on Create Issue Screen / Edit Issue Screen, while creating/update a ticket.

When a user creates/update a ticket by selecting these 2 date time picker fields, I want to trigger email notification (which would include the generic issue details along with other customfield values entered for a ticket) every single hour after Shutdown Time until the Startup Time, as a reminder of the Startup time to the groups working on the ticket.

I am looking at customizing the email templates in JIRA. However, any pointers on how this can be acheived would be much helpful.

Thanks,

Naren.

1 answer

1 vote
Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2014

You can write a script service that will check the tickets that satisfy the criteria inside custom field value and will send email notification on that. See https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Script+Runner#ScriptRunner-Services for details

Suggest an answer