Trigger email notifications at periodic intervals based on the value in the date time picker fields

There is a situation where I have 2 date time picker custom fields- Shutdown Time and Startup Time, on Create Issue Screen / Edit Issue Screen, while creating/update a ticket.

When a user creates/update a ticket by selecting these 2 date time picker fields, I want to trigger email notification (which would include the generic issue details along with other customfield values entered for a ticket) every single hour after Shutdown Time until the Startup Time, as a reminder of the Startup time to the groups working on the ticket.

I am looking at customizing the email templates in JIRA. However, any pointers on how this can be acheived would be much helpful.

Thanks,

Naren.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

You can write a script service that will check the tickets that satisfy the criteria inside custom field value and will send email notification on that. See https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Script+Runner#ScriptRunner-Services for details

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

575 views 25 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you