Trial Version Help

Michelle Stephenson May 22, 2014

I am trying to download the trial version of JIRA on an offline machine but it keeps asking for a license key. I went on the website and got an evaluation key but it is invalid. I had another person create an account and get an evaluation key and that one was also invaild. Can someone help me figure out how to download the trial version without being connected to the internet?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2014

I've got suspicions on what you might be doing wrong here, so let's start by eliminating them

1. Atlassian have two core offerings - there's a "download and install" option, and "OnDemand". You don't need to install or licence OnDemand, but you wouldn't be the first to sign up for an OnDemand account, then go to the downloads section and try to download and install it locally.

2. I've had clients who have downloaded Jira, then generated evaluation licences for Confluence or one of the other Atlassian aplications. You can probably guess that this won't work.

Could you check both of these possibilities, and if I'm wrong, then let us know *exactly* what pages you are downloading Jira from and *exactly* what you're doing on the evaluation licence side too.

Michelle Stephenson May 26, 2014

Nick

Thanks for following up on this question. The issue was with the key generator. Someone at Atlassian had to generate a key for me because the auto generator was coming up with invalid keys. The issue is resolved

Suggest an answer