Translation of customfields to another language as we can do it for issuetypes

Christophe Leite July 29, 2013

Hi,

Is this possible to translate the name of customfields to another language (french for me), as we can do it for the issuetypes ? (in the issue menu, then issuetype there is an option 'Translate' at the end of line for each issuetype)

If it is possible, can I modify by this way the translation of 'Components' (system customfield of JIRA) ? if not, I should use the method described in https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Customizing+Text

Thanks a lot,

Christophe

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2013
Please also note that link provided by Timothy is for JIRA 6. It is not possible to translate custom fields in JIRA 5. Custom fields translation mechanism is not a part of standard i18n mechanism so you cannot use method described in the following link: https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Customizing+Text (custom fields translations are not stored in and read from i18n resources). Cheers, Jacek
2 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2013
0 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 11, 2014

For on-the-fly translations, you could use SpeakMyLanguage for JIRA.

SpeakMyLanguage is a translation plugin, allowing you to perform fast translations for any JIRA issue record to your language of choice, on demand.

Here's a looped animated gif of it in action:

Suggest an answer