Translating the knowledge base of a service desk?

Dear,

I would like to know if it is possible to translate a Confluence space / JIRA Service Desk knowledge base?

I can't find the information here: Translating your customer portal and supporting multiple languages

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Best regards,

Jérôme

1 answer

Hey Jerome, 

For now, I'm sure that you can't translate knowledge base articles from JIRA Service Desk. The translation of Confluence pages is actually not an out-of-the-box feature, so it's not available even with the integration in JIRA Service Desk.. 

There are few addons to manage translation in Confluence, but I'm not sure how it's managed from a customer point of view (like is it relative to the language used in the browser, is it a setting that the user needs to choose in his Confluence profile, or is it simply a button on the page so you can translate it in any available language with a simple click?) Because as you know, when your customers see the KB articles in the knowledge base, they only see an article and not all the Confluence interface. So maybe one of those add ons would work.. Workaround

Workaround solutions : 1.have two portals and two knowledge base, each one in a different language. 2. simply display both languages on the same article. With this solution, at least you can type in any language in the search bar of the portal, the right article will pop up. 

Hope it helps, 

Hermance

Dear Hermance,

Thank you for your answer. The first workaround you propose has been avoided since the beginning of the project because we would like to limit configuration and maintenance. The other workaround has also been rejected because this is not very user friendly and we have more than 2 languages...

Best regards,

Jérôme

Yep .. I can understand .. I'll keep you updated if I hear some news on this side ! 

Best, 

Hermance

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,980 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot