Transitions

Nicolaas March 13, 2013

Our workflow is not that complex, but have states like "code review" and "In QA". When It fails one of these to the issue move back to "In progress"

What I want to do is the following:

1)When a "code review" or "In QA" fails fails, i want to assign it to the last person that worked on it. (this should happen automaticly)

2)I want to build a filter to check how many story and sub-tasks failed "code review" and "QA".

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2013

Hi,

for 1) you need to copy (as postfunction) the assignee in to a new customfield (old User) in the transition to "code Review and "In QA". If you go back to in Progress copy "old User" into assignee.

for 2) status changed to "In Progess" FROM "code review" or status changed to "In Progess" FROM "In QA"

Cheers,

Udo

Nicolaas March 13, 2013

numer 1 wil work perfectly. But number 2: I need to see at the end of a sprint what subtasks when through the transistion. So at the end of the sprint al the tickets have a state of "close" but I still want to see which ones were "Code review" failed. Does that make more sens?

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2013

JQL: status changed to "In Progess" FROM "code review"

will show all issues that went from "code review" to "In Progress" no matter what the current status is. So also the closed ones will be displayed. Isn't that what you expect?

Nicolaas March 13, 2013

thats perfect, Sorry i just didnt understand the first time around. :)

thx so much for help!

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2013

You're welcome.

Nicolaas March 13, 2013

got everything to work except the " If you go back to in Progress copy "old User" into assignee." how do you set the assignee?

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2013

Use the "Copy Value from Field to Field" or "Copy Value From Other Field" postfunction

Suggest an answer