Transitioning to rapid boards

Alan Keister November 27, 2012

I am a bit confused by the old and new working together. I have a lot of issues with a fixVersion of Backlog and others that are in a version such as v3.2. I have created a rapid board for our new sprint for our 3.2 release and a filter that includes issues with a fixVersion of 3.2. Now, when I look at the version 3.2, I can't tell what is in the sprint and what isn't.

What is the best practice for moving forward? Should I keep all my issues with a fixVersion of Backlog and use a filter for the rapid board that includes them? If I do that, will the Release Notes feature work since we will have closed issues in Backlog?

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2012

My take on this is that the best way is to start a new project and not use fixVersion but move to using the Sprint field exclusively.

We are in a release now which has spanned many sprints but are in the home straight and it does not make sense to transiton now. We are waiting until the next releaase to move to using the Sprint field, to facilitate this I plan to move the backlog to a new project and start there.

Adrijus Jakulevicius November 29, 2012

Hi,

Do you mean that Fixversion field will not be used in the future?

In which field will be stored Versions (currently in Fixversion)?

boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2012

I think you meant a comment rather than an answer, you can convert it.

There is a new Sprint field to replace the way fixVersion was being used. From the Atlassian wiki: "Further, the board has returned the Fix Version field back to its intended use-case, showing which versions a bug or story can be found in. The board has resulted in a decoupling of Sprints from the Fix Version field (GHS-945)."

Suggest an answer