Transitioning to a status automatically

mel vega October 13, 2015

Hi,

is it possible to transition automatically to a specific status according to the completion of a custom field?

Thanks

Melissa

3 answers

0 votes

thanks to both of you for your very very helpful answers smile

it works

melissa

one more question: would it work if the value is preset for a custom field in the project X which would transition to a status in the project Y?

mel vega October 14, 2015

and would it be possible to configure this automatic function for the following example: I create an issue and then a subtask inside this issue. Can i tell if I close the substask, then my issue will be set in Resolved automatically? Is tehre a way to precise that the condition is on the subtask? thanks

0 votes
Nick October 13, 2015

You could do this with the JIRA Automation plugin.

Choose trigger type "Issue Event Trigger", Issue Event "Issue Updated" and JQL Expression to match the value that you want, e.g. <yourcustomfield> = '<value you want>'

Then define an action to transition as you require. Make sure you get the right workflow and transition with the right id.

0 votes
Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2015

I think it's doable as a system admin; you go to "Add-Ons", then "Script Listeners", and define a "Fast-track transition an issue" listener.  Select your project(s), the "Issue Updated" event, and a Condition like:

cfValues['Some Custom Field'] == 'Some Value'

And then the appropriate Action (making certain to select the specific action relevant to the workflow).

Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2015

Hmm, I just noticed the "jira-servicedesk" portion of this; disclaimer, I know nothing about that specifically, so I have to hope my answer is relevant.

Suggest an answer