Transitioning one issue filters another.

Matthew Parker December 2, 2014

Hi,

we want to have something happen and I'm not too sure how to do it in the ondemand service. We have a very simple workflow:

Create > todo <> In progress <> Done.

We want to have the ability to filter against issues which are currently blocked. We have a checkbox custom field we can use, which is fine. I also toyed with the idea of adding in a blocked status.

However the problem, is that we automatically want to have that blocked marker (whether its the field value, a status or something else) remove itself when the blocking issue (which will be linked) is transitioned into a done state. So essentially:

We create an issue. The issue is linked as "being blocked by" another issue, and also either its status is set to blocked or the blocked custom field is set to true. This means the issue is hidden from out filter. The issue it is being blocked by transitions into a done status. This automatically flicks something (status or custom field value) and the original issue will now show in our filters.

Doing this all with just JQL in the filters would be nice, but I couldn't find any support in ondemand for linked issues filtering.

Many thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
AgentSmith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 29, 2014

Hey there! A similar posting was already answered:

Filter issues by 'is blocked by', 'blocks' and other link types  ... essentially you can leverage our API or the JQL Pro add-on, which is available for Cloud instances. 

Hope this helps! smile

Suggest an answer