Transitioning Jira issues from within Stash

Maria Janet C. Figueroa October 22, 2013

Folks - I am looking at the documentation that notes that we can transition Jira issues from within Stash.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH027/JIRA+integration#JIRAintegration-TransitionJIRAissuesfromwithinStash

I have the application links up between Jira and Stash. I still do not see the transition buttons within Stash. I noticed that there is a plugin StoryFlow. Is this necessary?

Appreciate any suggestions or information you can share.

Thank you - Janet

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2013

Hi Janet,

Do you have Stash 2.7 installed? What do you see if you click on a JIRA issue link in Stash (how detailed is the dialog that you should see)? This feature doesn't require any extra configuration apart from the usual application links.

StoryFlow is unrelated - it's a third party addon that shouldn't affect the transitioning either way.

Charles

Maria Janet C. Figueroa October 23, 2013

Hello Charles - Thank you for your quick response. We are using 2.7.1 of Stash. I am now looking for the JIRA issue link in Stash and am unable to find it. Hmmmmm ... seems to point to a configuration oversight. Which version of JIRA should be linked to?

I will check in with my local Stash admin / guru by tomorrow to have a conversation on the configuration details.

Cheers - Janet

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2013

Hi Janet,

On the commits page there should be a JIRA column with links on any commit that mentions an issue, or on Pull Request containing a JIRA commit up the top-right.

Here is our compatability matrix. Basically > Jira 5.0.4 and you should be fine.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/JIRA+compatibility

Cheers,

Charles

Maria Janet C. Figueroa October 23, 2013

Yay, thank you Charles. Found the buttons now. Please feel free to answer and close this question.

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 23, 2013

Hi Janet,

Glad to hear it! Even as a moderator I can't actual 'answer' this - that's up to you. ;-)

Charles

Suggest an answer